1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Valheim

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Lindsey, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Been playing on a new single player world. I like slow game play and exploring each stage, so far I have only got troll and bronze armour and weapons, I haven't hit any bosses yet but will soon so I can expand into iron and silver.

Here is my viking style town so far, I started this wanting it to be as if it was a real town in game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is some of the town (to big for one image) taken from the roof of the great hall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the front gates, the whole town is surrounded by a two layers of stake walls and spikes around the entire wall along with a small moat. I didnt want it to deep as it looks ugly and is not realistic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The poor area for the peasants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My fav build, this is the church design seen in the Draugr village you can sometimes find in meadows. I did the design in the new materials, fixed it up and put two ravens on it, it is a Temple to Odin the all Father.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Inside of Temple of Odin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Looking up at the tavern on left, watch tower and great hall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I had one of those stone burial grounds, rather than dig it out I made it into a Gods wood next to Odins Temple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cozy on a rainy day.

2. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Fired up some Valheim over the holiday season but JFC the game is brutal if you die at an inopportune moment. Died with my gear to a draugr on the shore of an island I just found. Had to build a raft with my last resources so I can get there again without having to re-farm everything. Arrive, the draugr is dead, great. Suddenly, a poisonous blob jumps at me out of nowhere. I die again. This time I've no resources left and had to re-farm everything. I'm currently on my second retrieval attempt, rafting across the ocean. Things wouldn't have been so bad if the mobs hadn't destroyed my ship as well.

Kind of feels like the rafting tour of shame.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Yeah I still am pottering along in my world. Some nice updates with the new mob and armour.

I always ah e at least one set of high tier troll armour. Easy to be the hide and really helps with corpse runs.

4. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Don't forget the -5% to your skills each time you die. At least the game gives a period of time where it won't but depending on what happened it likely will wear off before you can make it back.

5. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

All's well in the end. Progressed a lot. I'm fully kitted out with lvl 3 iron gear after hours of crypt grinding. The specific mead is fermenting at the moment but once it's done I'll venture towards the ice regions and perhaps also the plains. I still vaguely remember the mosquitos of the latter being horrific, which is the main reason why I waited until my gear is up to par.

6. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Started Valheim up again. Never actually got so far as iron - dabbled in the swamp for a bit but had terrible luck finding the Elder on my old world.

Found the Elder vegsivir within a few hours of starting this new world. Time to find myself some troll jeans to wear to the entmoot.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

A new massive patch is in pretesting.

Whole new Black marble building material, new type of wood pieces.

A special food that gives you magic ability for awhile.

New biome and mobs, new armour and weapons.

When I get time I’ll probably sink another couple dozen hours into this.

I only half explored the last patch with ice caves etc.

8. Erotic Adventures of S

Since we last played there have been two big expansion for the game.

Mistlands: new building material, black marble. New magic system and builds for new play style, elementals and necromancer. And a very challenging PvE biome.

The latest one is Ashlands which is dropping in next week or two. The biggest range of build materials and weapons added yet and another huge biome with a lot of new content.

I will be playing solo, but if we wanted to, we could load out old world which will auto update with new content and play from where we left off. Ready to enter Mistlands then Ashlands.